• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ex telling people I have herpes

My ex and I recently broke up and it has come to my attention he may be telling people we work with about me having it. His ex GF told me a girl we work with told her that he told her about it and this has me worried he may be telling other people I have it. I was talking to another guy we work with and out of nowhere he just stopped talking to me so I have a feeling he told him.

Should I go to management? I do not want to do it unless I know for sure he is going to get fired but as of right now I think it would just be my word against his.

Also is it possible for me to go to the police about this? Like is it legal for him to be telling people I have this?

I'm not an HR or police expert, so I can't definitively answer your specific questions. But here's what immediately came to mind....

Have you asked your ex about it? I would go straight to the source, in person. Let him know what you're hearing, then calmly ask him to stop. It's too easy to ignore a text or email, and when you're standing face-to-face with him, it makes you a person (someone he once cared about enough to have sex with), and not an object for ridicule.

It doesn't change the fact that it's now out there, and you can't control who is telling whom. For that, I am sorry. You just hold your head high and walk tall.

I'm not an HR or police expert, so I can't definitively answer your specific questions. But here's what immediately came to mind....

Have you asked your ex about it? I would go straight to the source, in person. Let him know what you're hearing, then calmly ask him to stop. It's too easy to ignore a text or email, and when you're standing face-to-face with him, it makes you a person (someone he once cared about enough to have sex with), and not an object for ridicule.

It doesn't change the fact that it's now out there, and you can't control who is telling whom. For that, I am sorry. You just hold your head high and walk tall.

He will lie. He told me he left his ex GF for cheating on him again so he came crawling back to me, I found out yesterday they are still together but of course after she found out about us being together and having sex she went off and he denied everything , she showed me all kinds of screenshots of text messages including from the night he was with me in a hotel room and told her he could not message her anymore that night because he was at the police station in trouble for selling his car and not getting it out of his name in a certain amount of time. He told her they were holding him overnight for it and taking his phone away.

His ex and I found out alot of stuff last night after talking and wish we had talked sooner, the guy is a pig and lied to us both. He was screwing with her claiming we had broken up then he was screwing with me claiming they broke up. He has been bouncing back and fourth cheating on us with one another

Even if you go to hr, it becomes. He said she said game.

Gossip is everywhere

My ex did the same to me with my hpv diagnosis after our breakup..he went around telling basically anyone that would listen that I had this std.

Fast forward with my hsv1 and 2 diagnosis, only 2 people in my real world know, both trusted friends of 25 plus years....it's for the above experience, I'm in the closet.