• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

This is the definition of hell

I was diagnosed with HSV on my genitals this past Thursday, I'm still awaiting the blood test results to determine which type. I'm currently experiencing excruciating pain. I have upwards of 30 lesions on and in my vag. I can't pee and bowl movements are impossible. It hurts to walk and I haven't been able to sleep. They put me on Valtrex and gave me Lidocaine as a topical numbing gel, but I'm still struggling hardcore. I've been taking epsom salt sitz baths and those have helped with the swelling, but these lesions just keep getting bigger and bigger. I've been taking 600mg of ibuprofen every six hours too. I'm a full time student and have a performance tomorrow, but I have no clue how I'm going to pull that one off. Does anyone have any advice for reducing the pain and discomfort for a primary outbreak? I need to be able to function because I've already missed a lot of classes for appointments last week while I was still figuring things out. I feel like this is never going to end. It's starting to get in my head and I'm starting to get pretty desperate. My mental health is definitely taking a turn for the worse and I've stopped eating because I'm afraid of the physical pain the comes with passing anything. On top of that I just feel like a used up napkin that's been thrown in the trash, so that's been great. The person who gave it to me has no symptoms and I resent them for it. I'm trying my damn hardest to keep my head up, but this is an absolute nightmare.

I'm so sorry to read this, everyone reacts differently to this disease, and the amount of outbreaks vary also, it's tricky.

What I can share is my initial ob was the same, over 30 years ago (I'm 49)

I was covered, in pain, couldn't pee, could hardly walk, and back then the only thing on my chart was perianal ulcers...I know now based on several medical opinions, it was my initial.

Since then, I have had not one noticeable ob, until a year ago, when I was officially diagnosed, ans wven rhen, I just thought it was yeast infection or uti.

I pray your path is similar

But if it's not, consider daily therapy, I've read lots of success stories with it.