• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosing and spreading

I am so afraid to ever disclose in fear that the person will freak out and say no and tell other people and it will spread like wild fire. I feel like I can't attempt to date anyone remotely close to my hometown. Any insight on this or experiences? This being said, I don't know of one person besides myself and obv the guy who gave it to me... which seems odd because where I'm from everyone talks so I feel like I would have heard of at least one person who has it, if it's so common.

Remember that 80% of those who has the virus do not know they have it. Maybe they are asymptomatic or maybe they just have a small itch that they think is a jock itch or a razor burn.

When I got diagnosed I felt like I was the only one too who was struggling. But as soon as I started to talk about with a few close friends that I trusted, I found out that one of them has HSV2 as well and all of my friends knew someone who had it too! Suddenly I wasn't alone but I only got to see that because I was open about my status. Hope this can help you just a bit! You are not alone and it is a very common virus!

• 2 weeks later...

H1234, I'm 26 and a week into my diagnosis. I have a boyfriend that I haven't told yet because I'm afraid of his reaction. I know there's two options, he either gave this to me or I have had it for a while and not known. So scared that when I tell him he's going to flip out and assume I cheated when I didn't.