• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So confused

I am still having a difficult time believing I could have been pos for HSV2 over 21 years and never known it until 2 months after my husband started an affair. He tested negative.

I know his results could be a false neg, but wont know unless he gets retested.

Could he have given it to me if the gf is pos and he went from her bed to mine yet not contracted it himself? Or "handled" her just before being intimate with me?

I know many go years not knowing until stress causes an outbreak. During our 21 years together, I have undergone surgery for hysterectomy due to fibroid tumors, ongoing ovarian cyst ruptures, surgery to repair my hip that broke in half during a fall from a horse, being bedridden in pain face down for 3 months before having back surgery to fix the cause of the pain, withdrawl from the pain medication, surgery to remove the bursa from my left elbow because if a staph infection...... ALL but the back were at times my husband was working overseas and I had to deal with them alone. I would think there has been ample oppurtunities for enough stress to cause an outbreak before now.

The more I research this, the more I hear first ob usually happens within 10 days of exposure though some are dormant until high stress triggers. It just seems far too coincidental that the first time I have ever had any hint of symptoms (still nothing visible, just thought I had UTI but urine tested normal so Doc requested the STD testing since he knew my husband was unfaithful), just happens to be shortly after my husband chose to get a gf?