• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please tell me everything's going to be ok...

Hi guys I'm new to all this so please bare with me. I was diagnosed a week ago and have just recovered from my first outbreak which was the most horrendous experience of my life. My sores have cleared up and just have a mild itch down below now. But I am terrified to ever get intimate with my partner again. I really don't want to have to go through this again and I have no one to talk to as I am a very private person. I just need reassuring that things will get better. Thank you for reading. Lauren

Embarrassing more than anything. It also screwed up my relationship as she 1) figured everyone had it 2) didn't have sore, so figured she couldn't spread it 3) not pleased with my reaction over the whole thing.

Plus, all the fun details like the shedding I've learned about, etc, doesn't seem like fun.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that!! Do you know if you have type 1 or 2? I'm still waiting to find out... still doing my homework on the whole thing so not quite up to speed on how the whole process works. I was given a not very informative leaflet so having to research everything myself... it's grim

Even the doctors have crappy information sometimes. It depends on your doctor. Some are accurate some aren't. If you want to know the truth, the best way to go is to learn for yourself by doing your own research. My doctor insisted that I do a PCR test on my blood to detect HSV. Mmmm-kaaayyy....