• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Strange symptoms. When to retest?

Believe I may have been exposed to hsv. Had sensitivity on the head of my penis 1.5 weeks after unprotected sex with a girl and tingling on my lip a few days after that. The irritation on my penis and lip continues for about 5 weeks. It seemed to then go away for a week, however, it has now come back after a week. I think it's due to work stress.

I had a swab, igm, and IGG. All negative, although I know it was too early for the IGG.

I am now approaching 8 weeks from my potential exposure, so is it too early for a retest? The test results suggested a retest in 4-6 weeks. Online some people say 12 weeks, others say 16. I don't know what to do.

My symptoms are not typical of herpes, but I am still very concerned because I don't know what else could be causing this. Any advice is appreciated

After 8 weeks, 70% of infected persons will test positive. After 16 weeks, virtually everyone who has HSV will test positive on a blood test. That comes from Terri Warren, a nurse practitioner and herpes expert who used to have an STD clinic. I would personally hold out another 8 weeks so I only have to test once.

For herpes? Fever, sweats, couldn't eat, bumps on face around mouth which turned into sores. They eventually crusted over. Didn't **look** like herpes per my doc, but the other symptoms are what made him think that. Had a swab done, HSV1 oral. This was within a week of the sex.

Took longer than normal to heal, doc thought at first bacterial follictulitis (sp is off I know) and got me on antibotics. When that didn't go away, he asked if I had given oral sex and I had mentioned yes, and said maybe it was fungal/candida. The anti-fungal stuff seems to be working.