• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Living with herpes

Just found out I have herpes my husband is showing no signs or outbreaks on the other hand I am :( I feel disgusted haven't eaten or slept lost weight I'm paranoid won't let him touch me and I'm mad I'm depressed I have 2outbreaks on my buttocks all I do is cry how can I deal with this ??

In time you will discover that all you have is a skin rash. Eventually you will mostly forget all about it. But it will take time to get there. For now, experiencing depression/anger is pretty normal. My advice is to let yourself feel it, but be sure to let it pass once it has run its course.

If it makes feel any better I feel the same way. Might as well try to sleep since you know. My doc didn't think it was and then I got the call and that sent me for a loop because it was the exact opposite.

At least it isn't permanent and will go away :)