• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does he have herpes or not? Was it my first outbreak?

My ex says that he was exposed and has antibodies because of that but does not have Herpes. Is that possible?One interesting thing is that he said that he was exposed for HSV 1 and I know for a fact that I don't have HSV 1.

Also I had what I believe to be my first outbreak. It was pretty severe. It's been 8 weeks since it started and my pain is just stating to get better. just left completely and I did a blood test. My HSV antibodies came back at 5.1 levels. Does that mean that I was previously enfected or it could have been I was just infected and because of my major outbreak, they build up quicly.

The one thing that confuses my is that aI have had back problems for years now but I've had back problems for years. Last summer I had a strange numbness down my left legs and my calf started to hurt. It could have been from my lower back but is was kind of strange. I wonder if it was just my back or if I had been infected then and just got this massive outbreak now.

I'm no expert, but what your ex is saying makes no sense to me. Of course, he's your ex for a reason, so frankly, it really doesn't matter what he says.

Do you have copies of your lab results? If not, I'd call you doctor's office and request a copy. You're looking to see what kind of test you had. IgG is the reliable blood test (IgM is the UNreliable blood test). If you had an IgG blood test, you're also looking to see what the numbers are for both HSV1 and HSV2.

When you had what you believe to be an initial outbreak, did your doctor swab the sores? That's the best way to determine what your initial outbreak was.

Keep in mind that it takes time for your body to produce enough antibodies to the virus to show up on a blood test. After about 4 months, the tests will pick up the antibodies in most people. If your recent (IgG) blood tests say you were negative for HSV2, it may be because the infection was very recent and your body hasn't produced enough antibodies to be detectable in a blood test. I would re-test in 4 months to be sure. (Unless your doctor swabbed your recent sores and that tested positive for HSV1 or 2.)

Sorry if that's all confusing. I think it will make more sense once you look at your lab results.

I'm no expert, but what your ex is saying makes no sense to me. Of course, he's your ex for a reason, so frankly, it really doesn't matter what he says.

Do you have copies of your lab results? If not, I'd call you doctor's office and request a copy. You're looking to see what kind of test you had. IgG is the reliable blood test (IgM is the UNreliable blood test). If you had an IgG blood test, you're also looking to see what the numbers are for both HSV1 and HSV2.

When you had what you believe to be an initial outbreak, did your doctor swab the sores? That's the best way to determine what your initial outbreak was.

Keep in mind that it takes time for your body to produce enough antibodies to the virus to show up on a blood test. After about 4 months, the tests will pick up the antibodies in most people. If your recent (IgG) blood tests say you were negative for HSV2, it may be because the infection was very recent and your body hasn't produced enough antibodies to be detectable in a blood test. I would re-test in 4 months to be sure. (Unless your doctor swabbed your recent sores and that tested positive for HSV1 or 2.)

Sorry if that's all confusing. I think it will make more sense once you look at your lab results.

I have been swabbed and blood tested. I'm negative for HSV 1 and positive HSV 2. The igg for HSV 2 already show 5.1 levels after a severe outbreak. I'trying to figure out if it was my ex or the guy from 8 months ago. I the last last ex showed me his blood test results

I wouldn't be asking the questions. I'm angry, upset and confused...

When was the blood test done? If it was done at the onset of the outbreak, it was probably an existing infection. [Caveat: What I don't know is if people can have an initial OB weeks or months after becoming infected. I didn't ever have an initial OB. My symptoms were so mild mistook them for other things.]

If the blood test was done several weeks after the outbreak, there's no way to know how long you've had the virus. 50% of those infected will have produced enough antibodies after just three weeks to test positive on a blood test.

The index value (the numerical value)--to my knowledge--is not indicative of how long you've had the virus. When I tested positive a year ago, my index value for HSV2 was 3.27 (later confirmed with the Western Blot test). When my ex-husband tested negative, I knew I must have acquired the virus for 18-25 years prior.

When was the blood test done? If it was done at the onset of the outbreak, it was probably an existing infection. [Caveat: What I don't know is if people can have an initial OB weeks or months after becoming infected. I didn't ever have an initial OB. My symptoms were so mild mistook them for other things.]

If the blood test was done several weeks after the outbreak, there's no way to know how long you've had the virus. 50% of those infected will have produced enough antibodies after just three weeks to test positive on a blood test.

The index value (the numerical value)--to my knowledge--is not indicative of how long you've had the virus. When I tested positive a year ago, my index value for HSV2 was 3.27 (later confirmed with the Western Blot test). When my ex-husband tested negative, I knew I must have acquired the virus for 18-25 years prior.

I tested 8 week after my promary putbreak whi was pretty bad i wanted to confirm that I was HVS 1 negative and know the igg level with was 5.1 wouldering if that means it was old or new infection.

I know in the end it doesn't matter. But a second one I have that this guy is an asshole because I still have such strong feelings for him and he definitely does not deserve my attention.