• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

On the Path to Acceptance and Growth

Since I'm new I figured it'd be great to just tell my story I guess on how I've gotten to this point.

I didn't know much about herpes before I met the guy that I got it from. We had intercourse a few times before he informed me which was compelled by a breakout of his. I was understanding and especially after doing research of my own I felt it wasn't something that would be a deal breaker for me when I enjoyed his company. Looking back on things now I could have been much more cautious about the situation more than I was and possibly would be telling a much shorter story somewhere elsewhere, regardless, I ended up with it too and wasn't too broken up about it because I thought that it was a relationship that would last. Sadly after two years I finally had to call the cops on him because the mental and physical abuse that I correlated with his drinking problems were not getting better but seemed to have been getting worse. It was tough for me after that because I definitely felt I had something to worry about now that I was thrown back into the harsh dating world with not only baggage of a domestic abuse from my previous partner but also having H. I don't mind it personally because I do not see it as life threatening, just a slight inconvenience some days but the thought of having to add another thing for someone to consider before they accept me definitely takes a toll sometimes when my confidence is pretty shot already.

This all being said, at this point I am grateful for the supportive friends I have that remind me I have so much to offer and I am also calmed by the articles and support I have read on this site and I hope to draw more from it and hopefully provide support to others as well.

• 4 weeks later...