• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

hsv-2 and oral sex given to me

Good day. I am going crazy. I have been diagnosed with hsv-2 antibodies about a month ago. I knew I had them but I didn't know what kind. I disclosed this information to a gentleman and he decided that it was not something that would prevent him from getting to know me deeper. Well on Sunday, he performed oral sex on me, namely on the clitoris. Two days ago he started feeling pretty badly. He has complained of having a cold, sore throat, runny nose and chills. He shared that cold medication is helping him. Last night he took a hot shower and his nose started running like crazy. Today he claims he feels terrible and sounds even worse. I am absolutely horrified that the act of intimacy in the moment may have transferred to him getting Hsv-2 in his mouth. I have read that it is near impossible for that to happen but I am just in a place of a knotted stomach. Any words of wisdom?

A) runny nose and cold symptoms do not indicate a herpes outbreak, even a primary one, as far as I know.

B) as you said, it's rare for the mouth to pick up HSV-2.

D) not sure how long after sex he started getting sick, but maybe 3-4 days? Herpes definitely can be that short to show up, but it also can be quite a bit more delayed.

C) you disclosed, I understand you feel bad, but you really shouldn't -- he is an adult and you did not force him to go down on you.

Thank you very much. I was just in spaz mode, I suppose. I just got out of a long term relationship with someone back in August and have not had to concern myself with this at all since my ex took the information so well. And now I am in a new place of having to share and date. Blah. It's so complicated, lol.