• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Negative blood tests...

Holy cow. Doctors office just called and all is negative on my IGG and all other std panels. When I asked if typing could be done by a swab, the nurse was acting like it was a surprise to be asked! I told her I knew it was a new case, as I had gone through the fever on the night I was at the drs office. She actually asked if I wanted a typing for the flu?!!

I'm so mad I could spit. I obviously have had an outbreak, no swabbing was done, and I didn't know any better to ask at the time. How can a physicians office (ob/gyn) be so clueless? Now what do I do?! My boyfriend will get his testing Saturday but remembers no oral or genital outbreaks before, so must be asymptomatic...or this is not herpes at all (yeah, right) and it's all a big mistake. Could the BV have caused a look alike rash that she mis-diagnosed?!

I guess we just wait now for his results, but I'm so angry with my drs office! I just want to beat them up for being so damned blasé about all of this! I was so prepped to deal with hearing what happens next. I'm a planner type and need order and this threw me for a loop, even though I knew it would be a possibility. I had imagined I had H1, since I've always had canker sores since a kid with braces.

I'm just having a difficult day and feeling sad and need to carp about it... Worst part of this is not wanting to talk about it with anyone!

Poop.