• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My boyfriend is terrified of me after telling him

I have been with my boyfriend for a month and told him the other week I had herpes. I had no idea he was going to take it so bad, he is literally terrified, he even threw his drink away after I drank off it.

I told him I've had it for 12 years and gave been with 6 guys since being diagnosed and only one guy has caught it and that's because I had a break out . I offered to take him to the doctor to talk about it but he said he's still worried he will be afraid even after talking with a doctor.

If we break up its going to be very hard, we work together so we have to see eachother. It took a lot for me to date him, I was in an abusive and controlling relationship for 5 years. I had forgotten what it was like to be happy and care about someone and have someone care about you. I don't want to break up because of him being afraid of this when it's not something he should be afraid of.

@chrissylynn2587 I'm sorry you're going through this.

Unfortunately, you can't control what he feels afraid of. He can get educated about HSV and maybe that will help, or maybe it will make him understand logically but he will still *feel* afraid which can be just as difficult.

Hopefully he'll come around soon. If not, I think it's in both your best interests to move on. I know it's hard, but it's a major incompatibility issue. And if he doesn't already have it, there *is* a risk of him contracting it, regardless of how many of your former partners contracted it, so if any risk at all is intolerable to him, there's really nothing you can do about that. You can't eliminate risk entirely.