• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Had a negative HSV-2 test result . . . totally confused now.

Back in 2015 I had two low-ish but positive HSV test results within a few months of each other--I had intended to wait a while and then retest to see if the numbers rose . . . I also considered the western blot, but was really too broke to pay for that. I'd always seemed asymptomatic, but I experienced some tingles and a variety of vague things that convinced me I was having mild breakouts, so "waiting to retest" turned into "feeling resigned to my fate," and I didn't get around to the retest until just a few days ago, it came back negative. So now I am pretty confused.

8/28/2015 IgG HSV-1 negative, HSV-2 1.38

10/16/2015 HSV-2, 3.2 (labcorp)

2/7/2017 HSV-2, <0.91 (labcorp)

I never did have severe symptoms, I never took antivirals, and I haven't had intercourse since all of this started. I've posted a question on Terri Warren's herpes forum, but it looks to me like she isn't answering in the last few days and I am terribly anxious for some feedback.

Can I accept this negative test result and assume the previous were false positives? Do I need to go through with the expense of a WB? What would you do?