• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does supression therapy interfiere with building antibodies?????

Hello!!

I've just started Supression therapy on January, I had my first OB in May 2016,

I was having mild ob's almost every month, and I do eat healthy,

Don't smoke, workout regularly, take supplements, I read that lysine, zinc, olive leaf,

Oregano oil, helped so I started taking specific supplements as well,, but nothing

Seemed to work, It was annoying getting so many recurrences. I don't usually

Take meds I prefer Homeopathy, but what made me decide, is that I got an ob on my

Birthday!!! Haha it sucked!!!

I've done some reading regarding supression therapy, but I would like to know if it helped

Any of you, or if you used to take it daily and don't need to anymore ? I'm worried that it

Might interfiere with my body's hability to build defenses?? I don't want to make things worse...

(I take two pills of valaciclovir 400mg daily)

I would think that suppressive meds would slow your bodies response to building antibodies BUT since you've been having constant ob's your body may need help. Supression meds surpress the virus from multiplying which helps you immune system get control. Over time your body gets better at fighting the virus. You may want to go to 1/2 a tab 2x a day and see if you have any ob's before you go completely off. If ur female you may need extra help at that time of the month b/c I understand hormones can also affect things

If you want an educated opinion I would talk to your doctor as I am not one

I think it does. But you have to look at the whole situation. Research the different options and other's people's experiences. I like the previous answer. You might need it now but not later.

BUT ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH! There is so much that the medical community does not know about this! Good luck!

I would think that suppressive meds would slow your bodies response to building antibodies BUT since you've been having constant ob's your body may need help. Supression meds surpress the virus from multiplying which helps you immune system get control. Over time your body gets better at fighting the virus. You may want to go to 1/2 a tab 2x a day and see if you have any ob's before you go completely off. If ur female you may need extra help at that time of the month b/c I understand hormones can also affect things

If you want an educated opinion I would talk to your doctor as I am not one

Thanks for the reply, maybe my body does need the help, good idea I'm going to keep taking the pills for another two months, and then I will take 1/2, to see how my body is responding,, and yes! I am a female!! :)

I think it does. But you have to look at the whole situation. Research the different options and other's people's experiences. I like the previous answer. You might need it now but not later.

BUT ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH! There is so much that the medical community does not know about this! Good luck!

Thank you!!! I'm definitely going to look for more info!! :)