• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Skeptical? Boy what???

I've been trying to casual thing simply bc I don't want a relationship right now and I think that should be ok. But I still annoyingly have to disclose. So I have been pretty quickly into conversations and it's going pretty well. They're always naturally a little nervous and ask questions but this new guy is just so ok without any question and I haven't had sex with him bc it's a little weird am I right? To not blink an eye and be totally down for a girl you hardly know? Any thoughts????

I've been trying to casual thing simply bc I don't want a relationship right now and I think that should be ok. But I still annoyingly have to disclose. So I have been pretty quickly into conversations and it's going pretty well. They're always naturally a little nervous and ask questions but this new guy is just so ok without any question and I haven't had sex with him bc it's a little weird am I right? To not blink an eye and be totally down for a girl you hardly know? Any thoughts????

Uhh, I'm trying to follow you the best I can, but here goes...

Guys are usually very horny - perhaps you know this ;). A) He might not know the facts and isn't scared at all---B) he might know the facts and be okay with the fact herpes is a skin condition and still be into you --- C) he might be blinded by his horniness and not even thinking at all --- D) he might have herpes himself --- E) any combination of these

All you can do is go with your gut and don't be afraid to ask him questions. Also, not sure how early you're disclosing after meeting someone or the manner in which you're doing it, but by telling a guy you have herpes, he might be interpreting it as "green light, she wants me" and it's just making them think with their dick.

When I disclose, I always offer to answer questions. I'd say half of the guys have asked questions in response. With the others, maybe they already knew enough about it from a past relationship, maybe they knew how common it is in the general dating pool, maybe they went and did their own research after I disclosed, maybe they already had it themselves (I did once have someone disclose to me in response to my disclosure). If they choose to move forward after having some time to let it sink in, that's enough for me. As far as I'm concerned, it should be no different from telling someone you once had a cold sore. If they don't freak out about cold sores, why question their judgment? Let them have their personal thoughts about cold sores and move on. If you find that you're uncomfortable with the risk, that's a different issue.