H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Well rejection sucks

Just had my first disclosure conversation and was promptly rejected. This sucks. Some words of support would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I'm so sorry. Rejection sucks. I know there's not much I can say to take away that hurt. BUT. It will not always go like that! I'm currently in a relationship and my boyfriend was wonderful about it when I told him. The good news is, you got your first disclosure out of the way! Next time it will be easier. I don't know how long you've been on this forum, but there is some great advice on here. I've been where you are...but many years have gone by, and the more time goes by and the more I learn about it, the more insignificant it's become in my life. I recommend heading over to the success stories page and reading as many of those as you can. Because there ARE people out there who will not reject you. I've had a few rejections, but I've had many more successes. (I WISH some of those guys had rejected me to save me from terrible relationships that ensued...but that's another story ;))
    Take some time to heal yourself, dust yourself off, and get back up again! You can do it!! Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk!
  • it means he was not the right person for you! universe will find that person. stay strong, chin up.
  • People get rejected all the time for many other things than herpes. Rejection is part of life, regardless of herpes. You can either sulk about it or move on. There's no point in dwelling on it. There are many other people out there who are OK with herpes. Perhaps you need to get better at disclosing. How you disclose can have a big effect on how it's received. Don't take it personally. You didn't get rejected per se, your disclosure got rejected. There are no guaranteed ways to disclose, but some are more effective than others at communicating what herpes really is.