H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Telling Former Partner

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with genital HSV 1 about three months ago. I am a college student and was diagnosed after losing my virginity. I have had oral sex with two people, including the boy I lost my virginity to. I called the one I had been seeing to let him know that I had symptoms for herpes and that I was getting tested. He had recently been tested for STDs and said he was clear, but I know that most STD full panels do not suggest herpes testing. When I told him that I had symptoms, his only response was "Well I'm sorry if I was the one who gave it to you" and proceeded along as if it was no big deal. We are no longer in contact due to other issues; however, should I contact him again to tell him my results are indeed positive? At the time, I told him that the doctor had diagnosed me right there but just wanted to get a culture for confirmation purposes.

Comments

• I personally think you've done your part. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.