Herpes Opportunity logo
Informational Blog
Support Forum
Start Here!
H Opp Weekend
Herpes Videos
Lifestyle Guides

Acyclovir causing major hair loss

HELP!! I'm newly diagnosed and have been having nonstop outbreaks for about 1.5 months. I just noticed I've lost a MASSIVE amount of hair in the past week or so, and I'm devasted. I stopped taking the meds, and of course the outbreak is coming back. I am having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that I have this, and now the hair loss has really caused me to sink into a deeper depression. I take lysine consistently, but is there anything else that I can take for outbreaks or for suppression? Has anyone heard of Gene-eden-vir or novirin? I've read a bit online about these... but don't know anything about them. I'm devastedby this hair loss. Please help. The outbreaks are too intense to go untreated.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Lolalopp said:

HELP!! I'm newly diagnosed and have been having nonstop outbreaks for about 1.5 months. I just noticed I've lost a MASSIVE amount of hair in the past week or so, and I'm devasted. I stopped taking the meds, and of course the outbreak is coming back. I am having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that I have this, and now the hair loss has really caused me to sink into a deeper depression. I take lysine consistently, but is there anything else that I can take for outbreaks or for suppression? Has anyone heard of Gene-eden-vir or novirin? I've read a bit online about these... but don't know anything about them. I'm devastedby this hair loss. Please help. The outbreaks are too intense to go untreated.

Not a common side effect of Acyclovir. See a doctor.
  • Actually, it is among the side effects listed...
  • Lolalopp said:

Actually, it is among the side effects listed...

Yes but it's not common. See a doctor.