H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Is this thing even an OB??!?!??!!?!?

I've had what I thought was an outbreak for almost two weeks now. It's just a single red bump, raised slightly and sensitive to the touch. I immediately doubled up suppressive therapy dose and took l-lysine daily, but it's had no effect? The size went down at first but then kind of went back up? There's a tiny dent in the center of the bump??

Is this an outbreak? It doesn't look like any pictures I've come across in my google frenzy, but I read that outbreaks can be atypical. Do any of you experience atypical lesions and how do you know what if is for sure?

Comments

• I've had HSV1 genitally for over ten years now and I honestly don't remember the last time I had an outbreak- but no, my obs don't look/feel like what you're describing. It sounds like what you're describing is an ingrown hair.
  • JeffH Member
    This sounds a lot like molluscum contagiosum, a completely harmless skin condition.
  • Normally the sore would open up and eventually bleed. I think if it's been a couple weeks and that hasn't happened, you're most likely safe. If you want relief and you're not sure, have your doctor look at it.