• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Prodome and internal outbreaks

I was wondering if there is anyway to tell if you have having internal (vaginal) outbreaks? I hadon't the start of a prodrome Monday night, so I doubled my valtrex for the next 3 days. It was a tingly sensation in a spot where I've had an outbreak before, and sensitive skin on the back of my upper thigh. No swollen lady bits like I've had a few times in the past. The prodrome went away within 24 hours. Started Monday night and was gone by Wednesday morning. I took double valtrex Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. I also had BV at this time, so I took antibiotics I have on hand for it as I do get it semi frequently. During this time I had a lot of watery discharge (probably the bv), an "awareness" of a burning feeling around the outside of my vagina (burning is probably a bad word cause it wasn't painful, just a feeling I was aware of) and somewhat of an urgency to urinate, like a mild uti. The last 3 symptoms lasted until Friday morning.

The antibiotics cleared up the symptoms of BV. I remember when I first started valtrex I had that weird feeling around my vagina until I was taking the medication for a while. I've never doubled up on my valtrex before until this week and that's when I got the feeling again. Is this a side effect of Valtrex? Are any of these signs of an internal outbreak? I had absolutely no external lesions, and haven't in almost 3 years. I'm nervous because I did wait the recommended 3 days before sex after a prodrome resolved, but now I am nervous about the possibly of an internal outbreak :/