• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Testing Quality

On September 25th, I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine. Because I freaked out over the encounter, I asked my partner to be tested. He had said he hadn't had sex since mid June-early July timeframe. He had twho negative igg tests (October 18, November 21). So, his tests were done 3-4 months post his last sexual encounter, prior to me.

Now, I am a very anxious person, I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. I feel I should still be tested. On January 15h it'll be 16 weeks post his and my encounter. I will note that earlier in 2016, I had an igg test done and it was negative. Prior to that I had not had any sexual encounters in 2 years.

My question is this.... should I even be worried at this point? And when I take the test, if it is negative, should I consider it a definite answer and just let it go?

I read that HerpeSelect tests are 95% accurate and that figure is making me rather nervous. I'm afraid of testing negative and then experiencing some sort of outbreak later on.