• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Good disclosure

I've only disclosed to people that knew me before I was diagnosed with HSV1 18 months ago, it's always gone well and I felt accepted and cared about.

I had the opportunity to have some casual sex which I was feeling ready for as it had been over a year since I was with a man.

it took me such a long time to gather up the nerve to tell him. We'd met up to see how things felt before I would make a decision. 7 hours later and we're just chatting away and enjoying each other's company without any hanky panky. He eventually came out and said that he was more than interested but wasn't reading what I was feeling. I told him that I was conflicted and then told him why: that I had herpes, told him the risks, said I understood if he didn't want to pursue things any more.

He smiled and said is that all that's been holding you back, I said yes and that I understood if he didn't want to take the risk. At that point he pulled my head towards and kissed me and said he wasn't going anywhere. He liked my honesty very much and said it attracted him even more to me. The sex was seriously good and he wasn't bothered at all. He asked if he could get an invite back as soon as he's back from a short holiday.

So feeling relieved that he didn't go running for the hills! Now conflicted again because the sex was tooo good not to repeat a lot!