• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Confused and upset. Can I infect someone with HSV2 through kissing?

I have hsv2. A few days ago I kissed a friend who knows about it. We didn't have intercourse because I was having symptoms but we did make out and I did go down on him for like 5 seconds. I don't like going down on him because I get scared about transmitting it to him even tho it is rare to transmit through oral sex right? Last time I checked I was hsv1 negative. Today he messaged me about having blisters inside his mouth and tongue. None on his lip. I am freaking out. Did I transmit it to him:(. We mostly kissed. So am I not allowed to kiss when I'm shedding down below? Im confused. I'm hoping they are just canker sores.

If you have genital herpes your mouth is safe. You can kiss and give oral without worrying about transmission. HSV2 prefers the genitals, so it's more common for genital to genital transmission. I think the "rare" transmission from oral sex that you are referring to is that if someone is performing oral on you, then there is a slight (rare) chance they can get HSV2 orally.