• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Uti versus outbreaks

So my first outbreak was in July and I had pain and burning with urination that I initially assumed (hoped)was a UTI. It wasn't and I was eventually ,after my persistence and negative blood work diagnosed with HSV2.

I thought I had had small times of symptoms but not nearly as bad. I take suppressive a daily

Last weekend, I had some sinus issues and sore throat....and sex with the same person I have been with. I doubled up valtrex one day

Since then I have had pain when I urinate, but haven't been able to get an appt with my PCP(nor will they let me just pee in a cup for diagnosis). I do know I am having an outbreak but the UTI symptoms are persisting. Is it worth my time and money to go to an urgent care...or is this just what I should expect my bad outbreaks to be like? AZO seems to clear up the pain and I am having some lower mid abdominal pain. And honestly, have not had any UTIs in the past so I don't know entirely what that are like, but I am urinating frequently, pain when I do (unless taking AZO) and having abdominal pain where my bladder sits.

Anyone have any thoughts. If you have initial herpatic urinary pain will you have it with your outbreaks frequently? I didn't realize this if so.

Thanks

You could go into urgent care just to see if you have the UTI. They won't be able to tell you from a urinalysis if it's a herpes outbreak, but if the urinalysis is negative then you would have a better idea of what you are dealing with.

It sounds like a UTI to me, but I've never had herpetic urinary pain so I can't say for sure. Keep us updated.

So I did finally get into see my doctor. Turns out it was a UTI. I also did have a concurrent outbreak but the UTI was actually worse. I likely waited to long to get it treated and was having some kidney pain. Finishing up antibiotics and hoping to out both the issues behind me for a bit.

• 1 month later...