• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

2 Months of taking Valtrex and red spots still not going away.....

Hello,

3 months ago after shaving I discovered that I had several red bumps in my pubic area. Ironically I had a wellness check 2 weeks after seeing these bumps. I didn’t tell him about these bumps because they just looked like razor burns, but since I was there he asked if I wanted to get tested for anything else. I said sure, let’s check for STD’s (blood test). One week later he calls me into his office and he lets me know that I have Herpes Complex 2. I was given antivirals in which I have been taking consistently for two and a half months and these red bumps still have not gone away, It does not itch, there are no lesions and it does not hurt. What could this be? Should I get checked with Western Blot to be sure?

Hey! Since they are physical bumps, try getting them swabbed and tested directly that way. The Western Blot will be another avenue to further identify if you're a carrier of HSV, but won't tell you if those red bumps are herpes or not; a swab will help you to determine that, but all depends on how well the doc is able to get a culture onto the swab. When you went to your doc to get tested, did he do a visual inspection, too, or just ordered the blood test?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

No he did not do any visual inspections. At the time it didn't think too much of it until I did a test. I connected the two together and have been super depressed since then. These red spots don't look like lesions, they don't itch, and I don't get sore at all. It may be a good idea to go back to the doctor to get them checked out. It doesn't look like its going to get any better anytime soon...