• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How far does my responsibility go?

I just found out that my ex that gave me anal hsv1 has had 2 dates with my friends sister. I did not tell any of my friends about the hsv1. Is it my responsibility or his? He is in denial, won't even get tested, says I must have had it before, even though he's the only one I've ever been with in that way. This was the hardest year of my life, breaking up, the herpes. I don't want all my friends to find out because it's so embarrassing. But if she gets it, they'll prob find out anyways, and she'll have it. Plus I'm still broken hearted over the break up so I'm not sure if it's my ego wanting to tell my friend so she'll tell her sister and put the cabosh on his happiness. Lol. I'm so upset about it all, I don't want him to be happy unless it's with me. And I don't want this virus passed around when its preventable. Any ideas, thoughts would be appreciated!

@Damnhim Most adults have HSV1 and can transmit it to the genitals of partners who are not yet infected. If your friend's sister doesn't already have HSV1, there is a greater than 50% chance of anyone she dates having it. Regardless, it's not your responsibility to inform others of anybody's HSV status. If you are hurting over his happiness, maybe you can channel that energy into doing things that make you happy instead.