• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A few questions

I had unprotected sex about 5 days ago.

I started to notice a clumpy white vaginal discharge, no odor , a stuffy nose on one side , sneezing & maybe a fever (not sure). Is this a sign of a new herpes infection ? I don't see any sores, but am paranoid about every thing that feels tingly or off. I appreciate any feedback. I should also mention that a past blood test has shown hsv 1, but not sure what location , I've never had an outbreak. Also paranoid about HIV , of course. It's killing me to have to wait at least a month for testing . Had other tests to swab the discharge. Hoping to get results back tomorrow. Again , thank you for your time .

Thank you for your response. She took a swab of the discharge to test for other stds. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid & feeling really guilty for making a stupid decision, but every new symptom is making me paranoid. I obsessively look for any signs of sores , I feel irritated & red in the vaginal area, I had cold symptoms & I think a slight fever. She said she couldn't determine if it was herpes unless there was an obvious sore, so I will probably have to wait at least a month to get a blood test. I know hsv 1 is in my system somewhere, I'm afraid for my health if I get both. Maybe I'm being overly anxious but I feel ashamed & scared.