• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A few Questions

jane

Hi,

I would really appreciate some advice on suppression therapy and contact, where I live the docs are not like they are in America and will not let you take antivirals for suppression. I would feel more comfortable to take it to keep viral shedding down to a minimum. How much aciclovir do they recommend in the US for Suppression therapy? I can get hold of it online and would like to take it. Are there any side effects to take it daily?

Also is there any chance of passing on ghsv if you do any of the following? kiss, hold hands, cuddle and touch upper body parts to upper body parts with no tops on but keeping trousers on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

thank you

Online pharmacies are not all legit. Meaning you have no idea if you are getting the real thing. And who knows what they could be mixed with or if they are expired etc. Scary. I'll leave that part of advice to someone that may know. You could check out l-lysine and see if it works for you (Over the counter in the vitamin section here, not sure of there).

You can't pass genital herpes by kissing, holding hands, cuddling, touching, etc. The only way to pass it on is through direct contact with the area in which you have the virus.

Hi MMissouri,

Thanks very much for your advice, this is really helpful about contact etc.

The online phramacies over here are run by well known brands that are legitimate companies and have high street pharmacies too so I know I am getting proper drugs, it just saves embarrassment and time rather than go through the time consuming process of the doctors.

thanks again