• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Burning pain

2 years ago I woke up with a burning stinging pain on the shaft of my penis. I ran cold water over it and in the morning it was fine. The next night I had the same feeling. I did have a small red area 2 times on my penis with small bumps but not clear and they never scabbed over--The areas were also very tiny. I test positive for HSV1 from at least 3 years ago and always assumed it was because I used to get small fever spots (no bumps). Last year I had a small coldsore which had the typical tingling feeling a few hours before breaking out. I used to have little shooting pains in my penis and I thought this was due to the hpv I finally was able to get rid of.

I guess im confused now as to those burning sensations and small patches. I always thought they were an allergic reaction, rough masturbation or some sort of bacterial infection. What should I do since there is really no way to distinguish between oral and genital without having something to swab? Thanks.

You could try an antiviral medication and see if it takes the symptoms away. Or if you're unable to get a script you could try L lysine (from the vitamin section of most stores), it helps some people. I think I would go to a doctor/dermatologist and see if you have something else going on.