• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosing to first love

So my first love has come back on the scene after 20 years .I missed him for years and he came to find me.We have been talking everyday and he says he wants us to try again .. we are taking things slowly ( at my request due to recent breakdown of our own relationships) because I'm trying to figure out how and when to tell him .I would so love to be with him again and of course he keeps reminding how in tune we were with each other and he says he thinks I'm his soul mate. I would love to be with him but I'm petrified to disclose. I fear he won't accept me and will somehow to see me as damaged. At the same time I don't want to leave it so long I actually end up back in love and then he rejects me .My last two disclosures have been very positive experiences I disclosed early ( a month in ) and one ended in marriage and the other in a very exciting short relationship but with this one ...my soulmate I just really want / need it to work out x any advice would be amazing.

All I wanted was abit of hope from this community. And I got nothing I am deactivating absolutely pointless and probably worse than the real world as you expect love and support but I clearly gsbdbg written eloquently enough because I've gotten naff all from nobody on here Thanx very much goodbye

Responses can be slow around here sometimes. Disclosure threads are not my strong point. Not much I can add other than recommending reading all the success stories you can. Hopefully through them you can glean some insight into approaches others have used and met with success.

WCSDancer2010's blog http://supporttruthanddialog.com/ is another source to read. The article Using Herpes As Your Wingman is a must read. The rest of the blog is worth reading too.

Having had herpes almost 30 years now I can tell you everything eventually works itself out. Good luck and I hope everything turns out for the best.

I admit, when I first joined I went without a response for days....and was pissed.but..there are a few members that post often, but life sometimes gets in the way of log in

I cannot offer support for disclosure....I still have not done it with anyone that matters (i.e. Husband or affair), like stated above, there are others onsite that have done it, just browse around, there are success stories here

Thanks guys for acknowledging even if you weren't able to help I disclosed going with own gut feelings of when it was right ...the response was " I respect you so much for telling me... but what gas this got to do with anything ? It won't change how I feel about you.." Few days later we reuinted...it was such a special experience... thanks for help and I hope somebody reading this is able to get hope that this really isn't a sticking point for alot of people!!