• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just had the talk with someone whom I really liked and was rejected. I met the lady on a dating site and she was very nice. It turns out that she was a nurse. I'm feeling somewhat bummed out because I got rejected, but at the same time I feel a sense of relief because I was honest about my situation.

Although she is a nurse, it doesn't mean she knows everything about the virus. I learned more on this website than I have anywhere else. Better luck with the next one! And the relief of disclosure makes it a little better don't you think? At least you don't have to stress for months about a secret!

As a RN, we do not know about every virus, every diagnosis that comes down the pipeline. It was only after exposure that I started researching all stds, esp Herpes strains. Only medical professionals who deal with the herpes diagnoses know about the strains and honestly their opinions are scewed. The medical professionals only see the worse cases of herpes when the immunocompromised can't fight it off. They don't see the asymptomatic or nearly asymptomatic cases. I am glad you were honest with this person. That shows integrity and that's important!