• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

nervous scared curious

It's very hard to spread genital HSV-2 to your mouth. Only 1-2% of HSV-2 is oral. That said, if you have genital HSV-1, you can spread that to your mouth, which 80% of Americans ages 14-49 have (also innocently called cold sores). Read the 2 handouts here for most of the upfront information you'll need:

http://herpeslife.com/resources/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

My optometrist mentioned spreading herpes to your eyes, which can be an issue. (Yes, I had to disclose to my optometrist. That's a discussion I never thought I'd have to have but he asked what meds I was on and....) Anyway, just something to keep in mind. I don't know all the details and I would be curious to know what information you have on this Adrial.

Yes, if you're touching open sores and then touching your eye, it can spread to become ocular herpes, so don't do that. :) But the second that soap touches herpes, it dies, so just wash your hands if you touch your herpes outbreak. The eyes are a mucous membrane, which is why it's easy to spread herpes there. But once you already have herpes antibodies in your bloodstream, it's difficult to auto-inoculate to other parts of your body.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: