• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

*Live in boyfriend diagnosed H+ and I feel rejected sexually

I have been with my boyfriend for four years. We've lived together for three. He has two young kids from his previousm marriage. We are in our late 30's and plan to spend our lives together. I really need some advice. He was diagnosed with H at the end of May. I was tested immediately and was negative. He says he probably got it from his ex-wife. They divorced because she was caught cheating on him while at work with several different men. This man is not a cheater, so wondering about him catching this cheating on me is off the table for me. We have used protection through the relationship thankfully.

When he told me the doctor said he had H, I immediately hugged him and told him that no matter what he had, we would get through this together. We agreed to research how to be together safely. We spoke again the next day with our findings. He was too busy to look into anything. I told him what I found and said that I was totally fine with using condoms and not having sex during or around any outbreaks. He had been given valtrex by the Dr already and agreed to stay on it indefinitely. I made it clear that I understood the risk and accepted it. I said that I'd have to be if this was going to continue because I couldn't see spending the rest of my life in a sexless relationship.

There is a twist in this. He has had major depression since his late teens .He got on meds for that a year before I met him. Two years ago he decided to go cold turkey because he said they made him feel numb in life. He also had a hard time climaxing on them. He was horrible getting off the meds. He has never been the same since and refuses to try different meds etc for depression. Our sex life went from normal and active, once a week, to maybe once or twice a month. Since his diagnosis, despite our open discussions about it, it's been four months. He doesn't even touch me sexually..absolutely nothing. He looks uncomfortable if I try to initiate, so I stop and just cuddle with him. I asked him yesterday how everything was doing. He said no outbreaks and seemed fine. I asked how much longer he thought it might be till we can be sexual again. I am dying with zero sex! He said he didn't know how long. I don't know if I am being unreasonable. I've tried to be extremely supportive, but I'm a sexual person. Once a month sex was torture for me, now it's four months and counting.

I know he's dealing with H and depression, but I need help. I don't know how much longer I can go. It's dojng so much damage to my self esteem. Rejection in the bedroom destroys me. There is no end in sight. PLEASE, any advice, direction, or support would mean everything to me. I just wanted to do the right thing.

Have you ever had pimples or any other skin condition? Ever had a cold sore?

Watch this:

I know people that have been married for a long time, one partner has it the other doesn't. Didn't get passed on and they were going raw.

Before you freak about herpes, take some time here to learn more about it, and then make a decision.