• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Yesterday was my birthday. :)

What I like to do on my birthday (I try to do this every day, but on my birthday especially) is reflect on all the things I'm thankful for. And something that I was reflecting on was appreciating our community here. Having started this forum only a year and a half ago (October 2011) and having it grow like it has with all of you blows my mind. I was so depressed for a long time about this whole herpes thing, so to have such a dramatic shift in my life seeing it as an opportunity and sharing that opportunity with all of you has been such an honor. It was from my own shame and heartache that this community was sparked. And it warms my heart to see each of your heartache transforming to opportunity and self-acceptance and self-love.

I'm appreciating each one of you for showing up here and being your raw selves. For supporting one another. For supporting yourself. Because it's only with us being able to be our raw selves and loved for who we are — in all of our beauty, celebration and love AND in all of our shame, pain and grief — that true, deep, sustained healing can take place. When we can accept all of it as okay, then we can accept ourselves. Then we are whole. It's truly a gift to have such heartfelt and beautiful people here.

Thank you for being a beautiful birthday gift to me yesterday and every day. Thank you for holding the Opportunity intention of these forums with me. I love our growing community. :)

Here's to another year and beyond! Here's to Opportunity!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Well, thanks! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Happy Birthday gorgeous man...you are a gift to everyone here and have been such a gift to me. Have another amazing year, I know you will continue to make a difference in the world and the world is better for you being in it :-) Biggest hug xxxxxx

I am so grateful for you Adrial and this community that you have formed from the ashes of your grief. You are one of the most beautiful, caring, amazing men I have had the privilege of meeting and you attract to you amazing people as well. This site and this positive (and I mean that both ways. :) ) community is a testament to the kind of man you are. You made a choice from your own heartache to reach out and create something that is literally changing lives. You have had such a profound effect on my own life and I know for many others as well. We are all so very lucky to have met you and to have become part of this family you have created. I wish you many many blessings for this year and many years to come! Thank you for being so vulnerable, authentic, loving and real and for creating the space for the rest of us to do that same!

Brenda xo

Tears in my eyes. Chills down my spine. Thank you, Brenda. Wow. I appreciate the deep, deep acknowledgement. Blown away right now. Humbled.

Thank you, Lelani! That feels really good to hear, too. See you in New Zealand soon for your wedding! ;)

And thanks to the rest of you wishing me well, Atlantic, free2be, LBN! It's been my honor and inspiration to bring all of this to you. In awe daily at everyone who opens their heart and vulnerability here.

Helpful resources: