• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The Day my life got flipped around

December 10, 2015.... 3 days before my birthday is when I got the call. I've been tested many times for STDS but I guess either my current boyfriend has it or it's just been silently hanging out waiting. Ever since I got that call I've become more paranoid. If I have to touch my groin area I make sure to was my hands multiple times. Since being diagnosed I've had 2 flare ups. At first I didn't understand what was going on but I survived the first one and now the second. I've read that stress can trigger flare ups. But naturally I become stressed when the symptoms are pupping up. I have found out that I have an anxiety of sorts when it comes to my herpes. I feel like I'm not good enough for my boyfriend. That one day he'll decide I'm too much and leave. But slowly I'm learning to take it day by day. I joined this page to read and possibly comment on how to manage herpes.

What you're feeling is completely normal. Has he been tested yet? Maybe you'll both be positive and you can relax a little. If not, it can still work! You'll learn a lot here, and as you do, it will ease your mind a little bit.

Welcome to the forum :)