• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Thanks Minute Clinic nurse

For treating me like a regular person, unlike nearly all the medical staff I've encountered since diagnosis. I always put hsv2 and Valtrex in my health history, because my future health and medication interactions are more important to me than what someone thinks. That being said, it always raises questions and today was no different. I went in for am earache and she asked what I took the Valtrex for and how often. She said herpes? And I said hsv2 yes very quickly. She said ok then, herpes. I felt the usual wave of shame i always feel, but instead of treating me like I'm diseased and hurrying through the appt, she made small talk during the rest of the exam. Even my dermatologist's ma didn't want to be near me so I really appreciated being treated like a person again. To me the questions are unnecessary since I'm pretty certain the meds we take can be used for all forms of herpes. It shouldn't matter which I have. But I always tell the truth, regardless. Anyone else get treated differently by medical staff once they know about your status?

I work in the same place my hsv2 diagnosis came thru....had I known at the time, I never would of had it sent there...it's like a monopoly with the doctors offices being linked with the hospital, now if anyone needs to view my record for clinical or billing, they will see it. As much as we want to think people don't talk, they do. So no, I don't mention it on any visits, it's already there.