• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Gold Bond extra strength proved to be nothing short of a miracle remedy

For a week, I had recurrent blisters non stop and I started breaking out in other locations as well .. My whole right side pretty much. The itch was intolerable and Epsom salt baths only helped in the bath for the most part. I was nervous about using it, because it had menthol and sysiliac acid in it, but I was desperate to keep it dry and stop the itch, because it was in my groin crease and onto my vagina. In the crease of my groin, it looked like this huge indent, like my skin was wasting away and skin sloughing off. It looked terrible. I felt like it looked like I was rotting away (I know graphic, but you have to know how bad to Understand). I had between 20-30 blisters and every day more cropped up. I was even taking 2500mg of valtrex spaced out through out the day. I finally quit the valtrex a few days ago, as for those of us w atypical symptoms to H (neuropathy and/or constant obs), tend to have a strange reaction w our immune system on valtrex, so stopped that just incase it was exacerbating it. Anyway, applied yesterday several times through out the day and today. All itching ceased once applied and it felt normal and like I had no OB w it on. Just a little while ago, I rinsed it off to see how it's looking and there are places where there isn't a single sign blisters existed and the worst area w the indentation and most of the blisters is bright pink, w tiny shrunken bumps.. NOT. A.SINGLE.BLISTER.IN.SIGHT.

It looks like it has been healing w no flares for a week 24hrs later! The comparisons are night and day and I felt I needed to share this for others, because I'm shocked and so are my friend's who saw yesterdays pic and today. (I take pics to track it, since I have issues w controlling the virus and to find what works best). I'm still beside myself. If you could only see . lol.. I highly recommend giving this a shot.

I wonder if you had something else causing the blisters... an allergic reaction, etc? I've tried Gold Bond and while it soothed things for awhile, it usually came right back. Almost sounds like a yeast or bacterial infection or at least an exacerbation of whatever started it....

And then again, ya never know with H....

So the Bactine wasn't helping you any more?

And I still say get Ammonium Alum in and use that ... it's controlled mine for over 35 yrs :p

http://amzn.to/1CHUzZE Link to Alum

No Dancer. I can even show you the pics. This was no doubt H . I get it in this area. I was stupid and shaved when it was healing and it came back w a vengeance. It helps, but your groin crease has tok much friction and stays so moist no matter what you do. This is where I've been getting back to bakc obs, but it was just redness and sensitivity w some nerve tenderness. I shaved and it made blisters come out and spread . big mistake.