• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Suppresive Therapy

So no ob at all but i always have tht tingling and itch/burning sensation every now and than.

I started dating this guy and we are somewhat serious about each other. I have this acycyclvir when i have an ob .i chose not to take suppresive therapy because its too much medicine to take every day and isnt that bad for you?

Is it even healthy? I know it redcues the chance of transmission but my god who wants to take pills every day.

Horrible. Idk what i shld do.

I take daily suppressive therapy to keep my girlfriend safe from getting herpes. It's been tested as super safe over the long term, so it's worth it to me for peace of mind. And yes, it's nearly impossible to pass genital HSV-2 to the mouth. But there is a much higher likelihood of passing genital HSV-2 to the genitals. It's because HSV-2 prefers the genitals way more than the mouth. Read up on all that stuff here:

http://bit.ly/h-opp-diagnosis-handout

http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout

http://herpeslife.com/spreading-genital-herpes-hsv2-from-oral-sex

http://herpeslife.com/hsv-1-hsv-2-types-of-herpes/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Sure thing! And about which medication you take, they all work equally well, but some people tolerate certain ones better than others. So ultimately, that's up to you and/or a question for your doc. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ive neve Had an ob before ever!!

Sometimes i feel like i dnthave it. I only experience the prodrome part

Which is awesome . And i will talk to my doctor about it.

I never wanted to take supressve becus i didny want to get in the mindset tht im "sick" and i need it. I am recently diagnosed wit it. Im coping wit it more. But jist takin medicine daily is goin yo be hard mentally than anythin else:(

Its gonna suck but i know its gonna be goof for me and him

We haveny done anythin still i need it in case we get in a relationship or something happens. He dosent know yet.

Too soon to tell anyways.

I was with this other dude and i told him before anythin happened and he pretty much rejected me smh!

I hope it dosent happen again or ima be devastated.

Like this hsv gets in the way

It's actually healthy that over time, you just get used to this as a fact:

You have herpes.

Say it outloud. "I have herpes." Now say it again. :) It's okay that you have herpes. You're okay. It might not feel okay now, but it will feel okay. Everything in you is wanting to deny that and not have to look at it as a fact. But the sooner you do and work every day at accepting yourself regardless of what you have, the easier time you'll have of this.

The medication reminds you of the negative BS you think herpes means. But as you move toward acceptance, taking medication to keep your partner safe won't remind you that you're sick; it'll remind you that you care about your partner and you're responsible.

Helpful resources:

Havent told myself tht but i hope i can one day. Its still hard. Thanks for being so positive about this:)

One question. On the ebook it says sup. Therapy helps by 48% and condoms 30-50%.

Like it's impossible to know how mych its rele helping. If therapy helps by 48 and for condoms idk lets say 40%. Overall its helping by like 88%

So tht leaves 12% for a guy to get it.

But it says 2% (female to male) tht is at risk to get it???

very confusinv

Thts almost male to female unprotected

Furiosa, hey, about your math, that's not how it works. And yes, this kind of math can be a bit confusing, so I get your confusion! :) Look back at the handout and see that even WITHOUT condoms or medication, the rate of herpes transmission is 10% to females and 4% to males. So you basically cut it roughly in half if you use condoms or medication and then cut it in half again if you use both. Make sense?

Here's something Dr. Leone said about transmission:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/5255/from-dr-peter-leone-herpes-transmission-risk-per-sex-act-explained

Helpful resources:

Yep, exactly!

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay thanks!

and once i finish it, do i get another refill?

How long should i even take it?

And when do i stop.

Ive mentioned i never had an ob before, im only taking it because i am dating a guy and its best tht i am on it for him and me both.

But i know its going to be annoying at one point when u had enough of it.

It says to take 1 tablet twice a day.