• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ok. I have four disclosure stories with a pretty good success rate!

First one was an old FWB. I told him and he said he appreciated my honesty. We met a couple days later and talked a bit. My tests got messed up and I'm not 100% sure with type I have. I explained to him I strongly felt it was type 1. (Another story). He said his wife of 20 years had herpes and he never contracted it but was uncomfortable with penetration until I sorted things out. We messed around and had a great time!

Second story: Another old FWB texted. I texted him back and told him my situation. He was cool with it if we used condoms. I decided I Just didn't want to see him and that was that

Third story: Dated a guy for a month or so. He ghosted on me for awhile. But the next time I saw him we had a great time. I really wasn't ready to disclose yet as I have a lot of shit going on in my life. We made out for awhile and I asked him if he ever had a cold sore and he said yes. I told him I contracted herpes from oral sex. I was on valtrex and we should use condoms. He asked a few questions and he was cool with it. We made plans to see each other in a week at his place. After I thought about it I decoded he wasn't someone I wanted to be with thanks H wingman! He was disappointed.

Fourth guy! This was a hard one because he was such a gentleman. We had great dates about six. So..I told him after we were making out. He said come into my house and... I told him we had been drinking and he needed to think about it. I was nervous because I wanted it to happen with him. I gave him the stats. Then the ghost move again. I gave him a little space. Finally I said I really want to see you again. My daughter was going out of town. If he didn't want to see me anymore I understood but I really wanted to make plans to get out and if he didn't want to that was fine. So he texted me the next day and said he was really freaked out about the H thing. He called me after work and I asked him when was the last time he was tested. NEVER! That he could recall. I told him to get tested because maybe he had it and didn't know. So I'm seeing him tomorrow to talk more about it.

I've learned that I feel really empowered by telling the truth no matter what the outcome. Also that H is a great wingman. I will let you know how this one turns out. Sorry for the long post

I have see the term h is a great wingman a lot....your stories are great!

I don't necessarily see h as a wingman yet, if the emotional involvement is not there, I wouldn't want me exposed to it....

But yayyyyy you!! So glad to hear you are in a happy place !