• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Questions about herpes symptoms!

so i had sex with this girl on saturday. its wednesday, so roughly 4 days ago. She told me she had herpes, but we ended up having sex. we were pretty drunk and we were having fun in bed. we got naked and my male part slipped into her for litterally "1 one thousand." then i pulled out and said, i have to get a condom. then finished having sex. she was not having an outbreak and claimed that she had been dormant for a while. I do not itch, i do not have a fever, but i think my mind is playing tricks on me. my inner thighs are dry from chaffing (i am an athlete), but theyre not ITCHY. i am just wondering how intense the itchyness/burning sensation of herpes is prior to the sores and lesions. my appointment to get tested is next week. any information would be great.

Your body won't seroconvert until 3-6months after exposure. Typically people have symptoms between 2-20 days. The best thing to do, is hang tight,get tested at the appropriate time (3-6 months after exposure) and out of respect for other individuals do not have sex until your results are confirmed.

Everyone is different. The tough thing with herpes is everything is an oxymoron, they will say "it's very serious" and also say "it's just a skin condition". They will also say "your first OB is your worst" and then say "some people don't even know they have their first outbreak"...the key is that MOST people show symptoms 2-20 days, I had herpes for nearly a year before I knew, I did not have any symptoms therefore I didn't get tested for it. I too am an athlete and a very active and healthy person so my immune system suppressed the virus for a long time.

Also, understand the virus. Don't google horror story pictures, expose yourself to the FACTS, not the terrible stigma attached to it. No matter what, things will be OK, I promise. This, and everything else in life, is about perspective.

Be active in getting tested, they measure your "levels" so you will be negative, equivocal or positive, equivocal is essentially negative but it means your levels are raised and they are putting you on watch. GET TESTED REGULARLY. You have to take an active role in your own sex life in order to ensure your safety and the safety of your partners. Also, understand they are not testing you for the herpes virus, they are testing the measurement of your body's reaction against the virus. To actually test you for the virus (AKA look at your DNA) is called a PCR test and isn't typical, primarily because they are more expensive and herpes is not a life threatening disease.

Also, be kind to that girl. This is a tough emotional battle. I'm sure she is open to questions, but be sensitive in your approach... Remember that you made the decision WITH her and she was brave to tell you.

No one gave me a right to choose and I commend her for her courage in being open with you, and you should too.