• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First disclosure; first success

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while. Life has gotten in the way and I've just been loving it (despite the fact that I have HSV2!-of course it can happen!) but I just wanted to quickly fill you all in on my recent disclosure to give everyone a little bit of hope. Honestly, worse things have happened at sea...

So, I'm traveling at the moment and I'm using various dating sites; mostly when I'm at a loose end/stopping in a big place. A couple of weeks ago, I was on tinder and I matched with a gorgeous South American guy. His first message to me was: "fancy some casual fun?" And honestly, I am having such an adventure that I couldn't think of a better message. I'm not saying I would pass up on a relationship with the right person, but travelling and commitment often don't go hand in hand.

So to cut to the chase, I said yes, but first I need to tell you something. I explained that I carry the virus and the stats and stated that if it was an issue it wasn't a problem for me. He immediately responsed and said no worrjes and that we would just need to be careful. I was ecstatic.

Later as we chatted more, he asked the question "excuse my ignorance, but how can herpes affect me"? So I told him everything I know. He said "wow, this is big, I would have it for life"? And I didn't lie. Just told him everything straight. And you know want? He still wanted to pursue something. He invited me over. For reasons completely unrelated to herpes, I chose not to meet him. But I know that he still wanted me, a stranger, with this "baggage", and that has made a world of difference to me. I wasn't scared about telling him and we were both after the same thing. Plus his opinion didn't mean anything to me.

But I just wanted to show, that disclosure, and everything in entails, will NOT automatically lead to rejection. People have the power to surprise us-in a good way :)

• 1 month later...