• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A Brand New Perspective

I find out I have H a week ago today. My initial reaction : My life is over. It was not a good day. The next day, I thought I felt better about it: Ok, I have H - so be it. The next few days, I was wrong - I wasn't feeling better about it and I started to sink down into a depression very quickly. I had been doing my research, but it wasn't making me feel any better. All I could think was that I'm dirty and sullied and I'll be alone forever!

It all changed this past Sunday when I found this site. There was a link to a podcast. Around four minutes long, the speaker said aloud every single thought that I had; every emotion that was running through me. It was a revelation to hear my own thoughts and words spoken to me by someone I've never seen, never heard of before, never met. It was comforting. It was inspiring. Within those four minutes my perception was altered and my attitude followed.

It's a new day and I face it with optimism. For now, I'm no longer afraid of having H. I'm not afraid of dating and sex. I'm no longer dreading having 'the talk'. And now I've found a community that I can be a part of and reveal my fears and vent my frustration and anger; and I don't have to be worried about being judged.

It's a good day. >:D<

Wow, I'm honored that my words could have that impact on you. I'm curious: which episode are you referring to?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/herpes-opportunity/id411233212

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ah! The man himself. Thank you so much. You've no idea how much you affected me.

The podcast was dated two years ago: "4 Things you can say to yourself to heal". Short yet sincere and heartfelt. I think everyone who has found out they have H should listen to it.