• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Skin Discoloration from Herpes 2?

Around the time of my first outbreak, I noticed that there was a blotch of skin on my forehead that was more white than the rest.

It went away.

In the last couple days, I been getting what I think are prodromes. No breakout though. The white blotch also appears to have returned.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? Herpes related?

I started trtying some protein powder again- I had stopped when I got my first outbreak because I read that it had Arginine in it. Recently I found that it also has more lysine than Arginine, which is supposed to counteract the Arginine. I'm spooked right now and don't know if I should continue eating it.

Listen, most of us are going to at some point who have had a primary OB, get one here and there. I wouldn't assume it's the protein powder for now. Start journaling your symptoms and things you've added back into your diet. Sis you also happen to drink a lot if alcohol the night before the symptoms appeared? Also take Epsom salt baths and use bactine to spray the area, until symptoms subside. It's likely the OB won't go much further than that. Even my recurrents as frequent as they are, have not even been close to what my primary was like. I might get a tingle, some itch and then some redness or a single bump. It can be daunting for people to experience their second and third OB, because they don't know what to expect. You'll be fine, try not to worry about it and hold off on any hooks until 10 days after the symptoms have disappeared.