• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

PCR test says undetectable

Pcr in blood is an incorrect test. Pcr in blood is only to detect if it's disseminated or systemic.

You need to do a regular igg herpes blood test like Elisa or inmunoblot. Have dancer confirm.

Pcr tests are only good for swabs.

Yes the thought by experts if while on valtrex you may not build antibodies to detect on blood tests. I believe you need to be without Antivirals for 3 months before you have a reliable test.

So basically you don't have any confirmation of what you have hsv1 or hsv2?

Yes I believe the pcr test is the wrong blood test. I believe it looks for the actual virus in the blood which u won't find bc the virus is in the nerves. Blood tests are used to confirm antibodies not the blood itself. Try doing another blood test....it should say positive. I believe pcr blood test is an incorrect test.

IgG is considered the test to use first - Western Blot would be what I would follow up with. I suggest that you contact Terri Warren at Westover Heights, and do the WB if you have any concerns about your tests. And they are the best in the country for advice... they are the #1 Herpes clinic in the country.

You keep asking many of the same questions in a different way on here (on other treads) - what they tell you there is pretty much (by current knowledge) gospel.

http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678 ... they can order the test for you through Quest Labs. It costs $5/minute for a consult … cheap IMO for clarity and/or peace of mind.

@hippyherpy , have you asked him for a type specific IgG Elisa test? That's what is used first before a western blot to test for herpes antibodies. I've never heard of someone being tested through pcr for herpes testing. I feel from what I've seen in more than just this forum, that men are at a major disadvantage w getting the proper sexual health care and its truly a shame. What made you ask for this, when you've already been diagnosed and had classic herpes symptoms may I ask?

And again - seeing as you are obsessed with trying to find any excuse/reason to believe that you are "less contagious", I suggest that you call Westover Heights and let Nurse Terri or one of her staff set you straight because you refuse to get it in your head that there is NO WAY to tell exactly how "contagious" you are at any time - with or without symptoms - nor does your result tell you your status there either.

PLEASE: Call WH, get your answer, and then perhaps you will believe us and stop trying to find any excuse to downplay the risks during your disclosure on here.