• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes Rash

Hey JC, I don't get rashes either, but I imagine this is part of your prodrome symptoms. Are your rashes accompanied by a herpes outbreak or not? If not, then this may be a prodrome symptom to a viral shedding occurrence.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I doing some reading ( it's about all I do all day, everyday) that licorice gel/cream can help with that. I am still researching where it can be purchased. I guess I am a rare case but I never had episode that includes any rash/sores. But I was ready that this helps the virus stay under the skin and not surface. In addition, If you apply it when you first feel irritation it sooths the burn (which is my only symptom) Anyone else hear of this or read about it?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like more info on this too. I also have had lots of rashes in my bikini area and thighs, but never a blister or sore like I did my first time. I feel like I break out a lot and the Dr. keeps saying it isn't an OB, but I swear I didn't have this many rashes from shaving or whatever before. It gets really red and irritated, especially when I tried the Olive Leaf once. I don't want to expose my partner when I have the rashes, but sores or pus never appear....but I suppose this still means I am contagious? right?

I asked Dr. Peter Leone this on Monday when he came to answer questions in our in-person Herpes Opportunity support group here in Raleigh. He says the virus sheds all the time, but in varying degrees. Sometimes you can be shedding virus even with absolutely no signs or symptoms (hence why it's called asymptomatic viral shedding), but I do believe that any itching or burning down there can safely be assumed that you're shedding virus. That's my guess and personal experience, anyway.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: