• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes wingman - recent experience of using HSV in a positive way for dating! :)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this dating story in order to generate some hope in the heart of those who think nothing good can come of having this "baggage" in our lives.

I haven't allowed HSV to stop me dating since finding out in June. I have met some interesting people, none of whom I have envisioned something more serious with until the last.

We went out last week and had such a fun night. We are both British in a foreign country and it was nice for us to have that common ground. We chatted for a bit on tinder before meeting for drinks which ended up with food and karaoke and a sleepover (no sex obviously). It was quite full on though and there was an obvious attraction. In the morning he said he'd like to spend the weekend together and I agreed it would be fun.

I should note at this point that he wasn't really the kind of guy id normally go for but I didn't let that stop me from pursuing something potentially great.

I invited him over at the weekend for a BBQ with flat mates. He came with gusto and we had a great night, he ate our food and drank our drink and was very affectionate. I had already decided the night was going to be PG and for that reason told him I preferred he didn't stay as I wanted to take it slow, avoid the temptation etc (I had already told him the other night I wasn't into sex after the first date, that I didn't want to rush into it, and he seemed frustrated but accepting).

Anyway, to cut to the chase after telling him this, his face seemed to drop, he said how tired he was and how he just wanted to sleep, but that he wasn't annoyed, but then proceeded to try and "stay over". I once again said no after having a kiss etc, and to my shock and surprise he got up, left the house and stomped off without even saying goodbye. I called after him but he didn't even look back.

My point is, that had I not been diagnosed I wouldn't no doubt slept with him, without realising what an absolute idiot he is, got involved emotionally and probably ended up finding out about his character far later than ideal. I woke up this morning expecting an apologetic, regretful message instead to find id been blocked on social media etc haha.

On this occasion, I'm glad I had a good reason to not jump straight into bed with someone who is single for a very obvious reason - he's a total d**k.

• 1 month later...