• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I feel like crying again

I feel the need to cry again. For some reason I pictured me not having herpes and having a great loving bf, then I look at the fact that I have herpes and I don't have a bf & feel like crying. I just wish I had never made that silly mistake to have unprotected sex with the person I was seeing, I sometimes wish I never met him, but I believe its my fault things didn't work out and why I got herpes as well.....

Hey Butterfly,

I feel you. Sometimes, my mind starts going a little crazy, and I need a good cry to let my emotions play out the way they need to.

One of my fav. quotes is "Let your feelings flow, then let them go."

For me- I feel it's healthy to cry and be with my sadness. Give it the space that it needs until it's gone. I come out feeling like I've released what I've needed to, and then I'm in a clearer head space. When I'm in that clearer head space, I can start to look at things differently and start feeling thankful that I'm perfectly human, and have these emotions.

Just because you don't have a boyfriend now certainly doesn't mean that you never will.

I am also single, and I'm enjoying the ride of feeling comfortable with myself and realizing just how awesome I am :) It's so important to love ourselves and be comfortable with ourselves before anyone else is involved.

I've realized that I am more powerful than any man in keeping myself feeling loved and happy :) It's true for everyone.

And when it comes to getting herpes, I just want to say, It's not your fault. Do not blame yourself. Things happen. People get in car accidents, people lock themselves out of their homes, people get herpes. It's just one of those things.

"To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don't wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now." Alan Cohen

Big Hugs, xxx

-Katie

Katie!! So glad to read your response having a down day today and I feel and relate to u butterfly I get you it's been 5 months for me and I can say the pat two have been the most empowering and happy. Katie your words are so empowering and comforting thank you for reminding me of what I have been feeling before thank you both!!!!