• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Believe it or not, good things do come from getting the Herp. ;-)

Last yr I met someone on another forum that contracted H the same time I did. We ended up chatting constantly and became quick friends. We both have felt stuck in a rut lately and decided about a month ago, after lots of talking and no action on it, to take a fun trip and go white water rafting. (We are both straight females, incase anyone was thinking this was a love story.. Lol). We finally made plans and spent a weekend in a cabin and went white water rafting. It was the first time we met in person, but we speak so frequent, like on a day to day basis, it didn't feel strange at all.

We had an absolute blast. Our second night after white water rafting, we had a bon fire, drank captain Morgan, burnt hot dogs, got lit and just laughed . we did a lot of laughing that weekend. Who would have ever thought that they would make a good friend on a herpes forum for life? We now have plans for lots of other excursions in the near future. .

So I share this w you all, because there will be good that does come w H, believe it or not.

For me, it was a relief to have her to always talk to about my constant symptoms, because other friends who don't have it, won't quite understand

There will be great friends to be made w H and even for those looking for love, a great love to be found! I've learned a lot about myself since meeting her on the forum and it's definitely been a positive in my life, especially since I tend to withdrawal from people when I'm going through hard times.

So hang in there and look for what good does come out of getting H, I promise if you don't find it now, you will one day. Cheers!

Love such an optimistic story. I have heard of that river, but haven't been there. Some of the best closest rivers by me are up in Maine. Also West Virginia. But I can't overstate how great it is to drive up and hangout the night before, getting away from New York with a friend or small group. Making memories is everything.

Lol, I have rafted the Gauley 3X and it's an amazing day. I remember being at the dam at daybreak with the water shooting out of the middle of it with the steam coming off the river. People were amazing also. New River looks great as well. I just cancelled my Maine trip to the Kennebec but might get up there before the season ends.

This makes me SO HAPPY!!! You are always so considerate and talk to others when they are in need. You deserve to have a great friend. We have a very common thread in our lives of looking for love or needing to find love BUT what is often ignored is the love of a FRIEND! Friends are a true blessing and I am so happy that you found someone you can relate to and confide. That is so beautiful. What a fun trip!

I am visioning a group of people on a rafting vacation. You meet strangers as you go on your adventure. The strangers ask "So how did you all meet?" and everyone looks at each other then replies "haha We met on a site because we all have herpes :)" Say it confidently and without shame because it truly is no biggie. There is actually a bit of humor there because we all know a secret and that secret is that herpes doesn't ruin lives. It doesn't stop you from living your life to the fullest. You can have herpes and camp, meet friends, drink rum, burn hot dogs, and white water raft like a true badass. I love it! Sorry I just had this awesome vision. lol

@steve1101 making me jealous just hearing you talk of it. :-)

Hahaha @anna01 ! We actually discussed what our story line was going to be, in the event someone asked. Luckily know one asked, because we weren't around others much or in a position when we were, to have a full blown convo! That would be funny though! Hahah omg, we got drunk and left our hotdogs over the fire too long and ate them burnt! No shame! It would totally be fun to have a herpderp whitewater rafting trip! H allows you to get closer to someone who has it too, faster and easier than w out.. Really does. Breaks down barriers we all set up when we meet new people. It was great and one of the most authentic interactions w meeting someone new as a friend as an adult, where so many are too guarded to ever let you in.