• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ella Dawson Does it Again! "A Lesson In Herpes Stigma Via Facebook Comments

Ella Dawson is a brilliant young writer, blogger, and Herpes Advocate who is in the front lines of the movement to educate and stamp out the undeserved stigma and shaming that many with the Herpes virus experience ... if you are HSV- (and even if you are not) please read this .... and please join us in correcting people who are spreading incorrect information and shaming comments when the subject comes up. Pass it on...

***WARNING*** many of the comments may trigger you if you are in a fragile place around your diagnosis... if you read this, PLEASE understand that this is just a brilliant show of the stupidity that is out there, and that those comments are only a reflection on the ignorance and ugliness of the commenters.

https://ellacydawson.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/a-lesson-in-herpes-stigma-via-facebook-comments/

Funny, because a few months ago in fb, the i f'ing live science page posted that post about using herpes to fight cancer and of course stupidity ensued within the comments section. As I was trolling, I noticed a woman who kept posting articles about herpes and such, so I sent her a message, stating I'll assume she has herpes, to be posting all that, for which she stated yes. She went on to explain some more and then sent me a video clip of a woman discussing herpes on the tyra banks show, which I'mI'm sure Dancer, you've seen. Then she tells me, that's her that was on the shoe, so we friended one another on fb. Crazy how small the world is right?