• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Something for you to chew on....

Look at the picture, and see if you can see the message in it ... the answer is below the image, but see if you can figure it out for yourself...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She has the key to save him and change their situation. Regardless of how they got in this predicament , she STILL holds the key. Now she could give him the key and "set him free" but she doesn't trust him. She thinks if he could get away by any means he would and leave her . . . . to die! But he wants to save her regardless of their situation. He will stretch himself far and thin in order to save her to have her to hold her. However he's powerless to change anything his circumstance only but allows so much and unfortunately it will never be enough. Not enough to make her trust him and not enough to reach her. He'd break his own chains if he could but he simply can't. And even though she's the one dying, she has the most power. She could save them both but she would die before she trust him. And he'll eventually die without the key.

So how does this relate to us?

Many with H would rather drown than risk disclosing ... than to risk giving the other person the key that could save us both. We don't trust the other person to love us ... to risk being with us ... even with someone who has made it clear that they would be with us through thick and thin. So we don't disclose ... we let go .. and the other is powerless and has no idea why we don't trust them with our secrets.... and yes, they *could* take the key, and walk away and leave us to "die", but perhaps OUR giving them our trust and risking them walking, WE might actually be saving THEM too????

(((HUGS)))

I know for me when the time comes for me to be ready to date and be in a relationship, I am going to struggle w possibly spreading it, especially since my obs are so frequent. I dread the day I meet someone for this reason and just pray to god he has it too. I'll worry about that bridge though when I get there.